Wednesday, July 06, 2005

But does it contain real girl guides?

I remember reading, in all that kind of trash that I used to read about girl guides and bob-a-job month and all those good-for-you curl-your-toes kind of altruistic fantasy. I had also read about these girl guide cookie fund raising drives, and the brilliant retort "But does it contain real girl guides?", which actually, come to think of it, is a Wednesday Adams line. I've always wanted to use it.

So today, for the first time in my life, I was offered a girl guide cookie.
I used the line. It got a chuckle.

It tasted awful.

I don't know how they manage to sell them, it tasted like fat (the choc coating), compressed sawdust (the biscuit bit) with a slight bit of texture. like those wheat cookies. but on the whole, awful. Not a minature girl guide to be seen!

No comments: