Saturday, November 28, 2009

Zumbo's Macaron party

I was alerted to the existence of Adriano Zumbo's Macaron party the night before, just before I hung up my workboots to go on a well-deserved holiday.

Luckily, I had that day off, so just around lunchtime, I zoomed off to Balmain to inspect the wares. The queue was not bad (about 10 people), and there was heaps of flavours left.

Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my list of the flavours with me, so I seemed to have picked all the sweet ones.

I tried:
1. Peanut Butter
2. Burnt toast and Butter
3. Maple Syrup, Bacon and Pancake
4. Popcorn
5. Vegemite Sourdough
6. Carrot Cake

I wished I had the money (and the time), to get one of all the flavours to try.

My favourite was the carrot cake, with a bit of cream cheese icing and walnut pieces in the filling. I was quite partial also, to the slightly oversweet vegemite. Unforntunately, the others tasted rather samey - and I had to consult my list to work out what the vaguely caramel flavoured one was (it turned out to be Burnt toast and Butter). The Maple Syrup, Bacon and Pancake one was also disappointing - there were chewy papery bits, which I think were like "bacon pieces"

I ended up polishing off the last of my bounty on an international flight with some aeroplane coffee to temper the sweetness. I definitely got a giant sugar overload though!

Pictures once I get my net connection working.
---------------------
So this is what the aftermath of Zumbo's Macaron party looked like:


No comments: